This guide outlines the process of registering a secure
.ron domain name.
Reserved exclusively for Sky Mavis' official partners, protected names are not open for registration by the general public. In the RNS system, these names are specifically categorized as "Protected".
To safeguard against squatting or misuse of protected names, Sky Mavis offers direct support. The renewal fees for protected RNS names are predetermined and remain unaffected by market fluctuations.
NOTE: Before registering a protected domain, you must install Ronin Wallet and create an account.
Register a Protected Domain
- Open the RNS app and connect the Ronin Wallet to which your domain name is mapped.
- Search for your protected domain name, and then select it to open the domain info page.
- The info page displays the renewal fee, domain tier, as well as other details. Click Register now to begin. The RNS app requires one transaction to register a protected name: a registration transaction.
- Select the duration of your registration period in years (1). The renewal fee changes based on how many years you selected. The minimum duration for the registration is 1 year. Notice that the name is set as primary by default (2), which means that it's displayed as your RNS name in all the RNS-enabled apps.
- Click Confirm and pay the renewal fee to register the domain.
- After the registration transaction is complete, your RNS domain name is successfully registered.
You can now see your unique RNS name everywhere across the Ronin ecosystem. To view and manage your RNS names, click Go to My Domains.
To verify your business for a protected name registration, instruction can be found on this article.